What do we mean by Entrepreneurial Thinking?
Entrepreneurial Thinking is the ability to see things differently, to see the opportunities. The good news is that with practice you can improve this skill. It is more like a state of mind that opens your eyes to new learning and entrepreneurial opportunities.
An Entrepreneurial Mindset is a way of thinking, a set of skills that enables you to identify and make the most of opportunities, overcome and learn from setbacks, and be successful in a variety of settings.
Why is this important?
Being an entrepreneur is more than starting a business, it’s a way of thinking that can be applied to any opportunity or challenge. The entrepreneurial mindset is what you need to propel forward.
Sometimes life and life’s challenges get in the way. By making an effort to embody or be this mindset, you position yourself to meet everyday challenges and experience growth.
How do we turn Entrepreneurial Thinking Into Action?
let’s look at 7 Skills to apply entrepreneurial thinking to an opportunity or challenge:
- Resourcefulness which can be key in solving problems when your resources are not ideal
- Problem Solving, how can innovation help?
- Seek & Identify Opportunities
- Empathy, the first step in Design Thinking, empathy considers your customer’s needs and the problems you are solving
- Grit or Persistence to overcome obstacles and stick with it
- Embrace Failure and the invaluable lessons learned with the bumps in the road
Entrepreneurship is exciting and fulfilling…and really hard work. But you got this.